Saku Ytti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> For some reason if I use gvim/vim -g as my $EDITOR I always get
> 'Aborted unmodified message.' and vim -g opens on my screen with
> proper filename and it's completely empty.

Vim probably forks itself into the background, thinking that you must be
at a shell prompt and you want to have your prompt back so you can type
another command.  But instead, Mutt is waiting for the editor to finish,
and when it returns control back to Mutt, the file has not been touched,
so Mutt aborts, and deletes the file before gvim can really get a good
look at it.

Don't let vim background itself.

--
David DeSimone   | "The doctrine of human equality reposes on this:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |  that there is no man really clever who has not