On Tue, Jul 06, 1999 at 08:10:36PM -0400, Hal Burgiss wrote:
> Trying to view html mail and I get a NS message to the effect of:
>
>  No Such File: /tmp/mutt....
>
> Correct there is no such file -- anywhere. I have tmpdir set to /tmp in
> .muttrc. I don't see that mutt is creating any temp files in this
> situation?

I have experienced a similar situation and was waiting to find time
for more extensive tests before asking mutt-users. On some tries
I get the "No such file" error. On others I get part of the document
appearing. I think mutt fires of the document from the tmp directory
and then moves on, deleting the file. It gets deleted  before the
transfer is complete. At least that is my hypothesis at present. I
was going to try putting the call of netscape in a wrapper script
whose name appears in the mailcap file, but I am busy with other
stuff.

> I've changed mailcap to '-remote openFile(%s)', since openURL()
> seemed to always want a http:// URL. This works fine as long as it
> points to a valid file.

I think this is correct too, since you are trying to load a file
not a URL.

I do not think this problem is mutt version or system dependent.

Cheers, Brian.

--
        Associate Professor Brian Salter-Duke (Brian Duke)
Chemistry, Faculty of Science, IT and Education, Northern Territory University,