On 07/08/99 Johan Almqvist uttered the following other thing:
> Hi!
>
> I am having great trouble confguring the following setup in mutt
>
> [root@localhost root]# mutt -v
> Mutt 0.95.4us (1999-03-03)
> System: Linux 2.2.5-22 [using slang 10202]
> Compile options:
> -DOMAIN
> -HOMESPOOL  -USE_SETGID  -USE_DOTLOCK  +USE_FCNTL  -USE_FLOCK
> +USE_IMAP  +USE_POP  +HAVE_REGCOMP  -USE_GNU_REGEX  +HAVE_COLOR
> -BUFFY_SIZE
> -EXACT_ADDRESS  +ENABLE_NLS

For one, with IMAP, you should probably be using a later version than
the above.  The development branch has some IMAP benefits like folder
browsing.  Even later stable versions have greatly improved IMAP.

> I have accounts on several machines (let's call them imap.one.com,
> imap.two.org and imap.three.net). On some machines, I have several
> accounts with separate mail spool files (and I want to keep it that
> way) ([EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]). In some accounts, I also have several
> mailboxes (mail/inbox, mail/list etc).
>
> In pine, I can read from all of these in one "instance" of pine (using
> different CNAMEs for imap.two.org depending on whether i want to read
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]'s or [EMAIL PROTECTED]'s mail...) but I can't have different From: and
> THAT, I can have in mutt. Has anyone got any leads on how to configure the
> above?

folder-hook . unmy_hdr *
mailboxes {imap.one.com}INBOX {imap.one.com}/home/<login>/mail/list
folder-hook imap.one.com 'my_hdr Reply-To: <login>@one.com
folder-hook imap.one.com 'my_hdr From: <login>@one.com
folder-hook imap.one.com 'set imap_user=<login>'

mailboxes {imap.two.org}INBOX {imap.two.org}/home/a/mail/list
folder-hook imap.two.org 'my_hdr Reply-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
folder-hook imap.two.org 'my_hdr From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
folder-hook imap.two.org 'set imap_user=a'

mailboxes {imap.two.org}/home/b/mail/inbox {imap.two.org}/home/a/mail/list
folder-hook imap.two.org.*/b/ 'my_hdr Reply-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
folder-hook imap.two.org.*/b/ 'my_hdr From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
folder-hook imap.two.org.*/b/ 'set imap_user=b'

Or something like that.

> I can't even get mutt to open/goto the IMAP mailboxes without explicitly
> telling it to open a new mailbox... or isn't that possible in mutt (as in
> pine: go to next mailbox with tab [or whatever] when all's read in the

Mutt supports going to a mailbox with new mail, but only if its in the
mailboxes line, like above.  Granted, it will have to actually connect
to every mailbox to poll them for mail.  There is a setting,
imap_passive which will determine if mutt will open the connection to
all of the servers at startup, or whether it will wait till you open
them yourself.

Brandon
--
Brandon Long ([EMAIL PROTECTED])             [http://www.fiction.net/blong/]

    "Hey, you've failed the Turing Test!  I got such a thrill the first
         time that happened to me..." -- Dave Fischer