To reply to my own message, I've also added CRAM-MD5 authentication to
the IMAP code (also supported by, at least, UW-IMAP). This does not
require any security infrastructure, so it may be more convenient for
many of you. Find it and instructions at the web page:

http://www.kublai.com/~brendan/mutt/

--
Brendan Cully <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | OLD SKOOL ROOLZ
"I hope I don't win                |          .-_|\