Erik --

...and then erik said...
% Hi,
%
% I have a question, I use mutt and am new to it and linux.  What I want

Welcome!

% to know is that I noticed that if I forward a message that has FW: (or
% something similiar), it still adds another one.  Is there a way to
% stop mutt frokm doing this?  if there is, how do i go about doing it?

You probably want to take a look at your forward_format variable setting,
which defines how your forwarded message subject line should look.
The default format is "%s (fwd)", which should use the original subject
line with "(fwd)" at the end.  I don't know if mutt will stack multiple
modifications if a message is repeatedly forwarded or if it is clever
enough to recognize a forwarded message by regular expression, but
perhaps setting formward_format to whatever most folks use will help
cut down extras (if everyone else uses "FW: %s" and you use "%s (fwd)"
then mutt will certainly expand the subject line).  You could even set
forward_format to "%s", which might be the same as just not defining it.

Now, if you want to redirect, or bounce, the message so that the headers
are largely unchanged, use the bounce-message function, bound by default
to "b".

%
% TIA,

HTH & HAND

% -e
%
% --
% erik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
%
%         "Can I pour you a beer, Mr. Peterson?"
%         "A little early isn't it, Woody?"
%         "For a beer?"
%         "No, for stupid questions."
%            --A scene from the hit show "Cheers"

:-D
--
David Thorburn-Gundlach         * It's easier to fight for one's principles
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED]      * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie

PGP signature