Greetings all,
I have just gotten into the mutt thing and was playing around with some
of the nifty pattern matching capabilities. I started from one of the
.muttrc's off the FAQ and liked a few lines here and there. The config
line that I am trying to make work is

color body brightgreen black " [;=:]-*[)>(<|//\/]]"       # :-) etc...
                                               ^^
the one that works is

color body brightgreen black " [;=:]-*[)>(<|//\]"       # :-) etc...

so the little smiley's get highlited in the second line but when I try
to add the square bracket smile it doesn't work at all. I hope this
isn't to far off topic since it is probably more of a regexp question
than a mutt question. Anyway, can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?
TIA,
--
Frisco Rose             "By any other name, I would smell the same"
E.O.U. Student          [EMAIL PROTECTED]

REU Student             [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Science Journal Ed.     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
EOU Hoke Center 307     (541) 962-3787
La Grande, OR. 97850