Jacob --

...and then [EMAIL PROTECTED] said...
% Hi all,
%
% I am new to Mutt and would like to know

Hi, and welcome!

%
% 1 How to save my addresses to an address book

mutt uses "aliases"; a common way to define them is to create a
separate alias file (~/.mutt.aliases or ~/.mutt/aliases or whatever)
and then source that from your main .muttrc with a command like

        set alias_file="~/.mutt/mutt.aliases"
        source $HOME/.mutt/mutt.aliases

The first command tells mutt where to look for aliases, so that it can
save an alias you define during a mutt session; the second actually
loads them.

%
% 2 Where I find the Mutt documentation files on my Redhat CD

I can't help you much with that, but check

        http://www.mutt.org/

for documentation on line, as well as lots of other informative links.

%
% 3 how to set up mutt to send a copy of mail to self as default

Let's see, here...  Do you want a copy emailed back around to you, or
do you just want to save a copy in a local folder without having to go
through the steps of sending yourself mail?

Assuming the latter, you want to set "copy" on define "record" and,
perhaps, set "save_name" and "force_name" as well.

%
% Thanks

Hope this helps!

% Jacob
%

:-D
--
David Thorburn-Gundlach         * It's easier to fight for one's principles
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED]      * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie

PGP signature