Hmm. Couldn't you just change the "color" to "uncolor"?

[cut from the mutt user's manual]

Usage: color object foreground background [ regexp ]
Usage: color index foreground background [ pattern ]
Usage: uncolor index pattern [ pattern ... ]

        I might be way off here, I don't know if that applies to folder
hooks or not...

        Mike