At 06:54 -0400 06 Aug 1999, David Thorburn-Gundlach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I would think that tagging multiple messages and replying would
> put multiple message-id in the In-Reply-To: field for proper
> threading, but it seems (as I see with edit-hdrs) that only the first
> one (perhaps as sorted in my index) is referenced.  On the other hand,
> I thought that I had previously seen multiple references, so I think
> that it can be done (how's that for conclusive proof? :-)

While mutt doesn't put multiple Message-IDs in the In-Reply-To header,
it does include the IDs of all the tagged messages in the References
header.  Putting them all in the In-Reply-To header would be of
questionable value, since there isn't really a good method of looking at
it header and determinig which <> enclosed bits are Message-IDs and
which are email addresses.  About the best that can be easily done is to
assume that the first one is a Message-ID and it's very rare to have any
others.

--
Aaron Schrab     [EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://www.execpc.com/~aarons/
 He's not dead, he's electroencephalographically challenged.

PGP signature