On Fri, Aug 06, 1999 at 02:50:11PM -0700, Robert Chien wrote:

> Sometimes I need to forward one or more emails to another
> worker as attachment(s).

> If I save it to a file, then attach that file, it sort of
> works but takes a lot of time, esp.

I learned something from the answers to this, namely press "A" in
the compose menu, to help me read files into the body of messages
I'm composing in my editor, vim.

My problem was that I could only decide the stuff I wanted to
quote from other messages, after starting to write my email
message.  I was using the file browser and the <view-file>
function to find the names of files, which I then could read in
with vim file completion, but this involved random viewing of
files and seeing if they had the email I wanted. I even wrote a
shell function to grep through the files in a directory for the
right message.

With the <attach-message> function in the compose menu, I can tag
the email messages I want and then pipe them to cat >>
/tmp/mutt-ms-[random number of my message]. This just involves
remembering the number of my email message, and there is some
filename completion to help. And I just saw that "R" in the
compose menu allows you to rename this file.

Thanks for the help again.

--
Greg Matheson                           The Internet from time
Chinmin College, Taiwan                 to time claims this