Vincent --

...and then Vincent Lefevre said...
%
% Is there a way to remove the delivered-to line when bouncing a message?

From the bounce command in mutt, I don't think so.  It would be a
little ugly, but you could always save the message to another mailbox,
edit that mailbox and remove any header(s) you wish, open that mailbox
with mutt, and then bounce your copy.

Come to think of it, I worked up something similar to bounce messages
to my pager (man, it's *great*!).  My command is

  cat | $FORMAIL -t -A"X-No-Loop: mail-by-pager.sh" | \
  /var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject [EMAIL PROTECTED] $PAGENET

where $FORMAIL is /usr/bin/formail and $PAGENET is my pager's email
address and [EMAIL PROTECTED] is what I want sendmail (qmail) to set
as the from sender.

If you were to add a quick egrep statement to get rid of any
"delivered-to" lines, then you could probably use much the same thing.

%
% Here's what happened: I've received a message to my address at vinc17.org
% (I use the corresponding POP account at home), and I always forward a copy
% to my address at ens-lyon.fr (where I can read it with Mutt). As I lost
% the vinc17.org copy, I wanted to bounce the ens-lyon.fr copy to my address
% at vinc17.org, but this didn't work because the delivered-to were present.

Oh, yeah -- I got sidetracked above :-)  I'm no pop expert, but I've
bounced messages to myself and to friends before, and they always get
it.  Why do you say that the delivered-to entry for ens-lyon.fr caused
it to not be delivered to vinc17.org?

%
% --
% Vincent Lefèvre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - PhD student in Computer Science
% Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> or <http://www.ens-lyon.fr/~vlefevre/> - 100%
% validated HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International
% des Jeux Mathématiques et Logiques, TETRHEX, Faits divers insolites, etc.

HTH & HAND

:-D
--
David Thorburn-Gundlach         * It's easier to fight for one's principles
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED]      * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie

PGP signature