hi all,

I am new to mutt. I downloaded mutt and compiled it. Here is the o/p of my
mutt -v:

/home/rajukv> mutt -v
Mutt 1.0pre1i (1999-08-24)
Copyright (C) 1996-9 Michael R. Elkins and others.
Mutt comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `mutt -vv'.
Mutt is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; type `mutt -vv' for details.

System: UNIX_SV 4.0 [using slang 10308]
Compile options:
-DOMAIN
-HOMESPOOL  +USE_SETGID  +USE_DOTLOCK  +USE_FCNTL  -USE_FLOCK
+USE_IMAP  +USE_POP  +HAVE_REGCOMP  -USE_GNU_REGEX  +HAVE_COLOR
-BUFFY_SIZE
-EXACT_ADDRESS  -ENABLE_NLS
SENDMAIL="/usr/lib/sendmail"
MAILPATH="/var/mail"
SHAREDIR="/home/rajukv/install/share/mutt"
SYSCONFDIR="/home/rajukv/install/etc"
ISPELL="/usr/dist/bin/ispell"
To contact the developers, please mail to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.

Some of the problems that I am facing are:
1. I cannot send any mails. I press m, I am taken to a vim session where I
fill the required fields. Then when I save whatever I composed I get the
compose window. Then I press y to send. I get a message "Sending
message..." for about 3 minutes. Then I am taken back to the main menu.
But nobody receives the mail that I send.

2. Another problem is I cannot delete any mails. I get a error message
saying "Mailbox is read-only".

Can somebody tell me what is wrong?

Please get back to me for any other info.

Thanks in advance,
Raju