I just read through section 3.2 of the manual, and didn't see anything
on this topic, so I thought I'd ask the list.

I have a handful of group-aliases that can be very lengthy (over 20
email addresses in one alias, etc.).  Rather than list them all out in
my .mutt/aliases file, especially since the lists can change rather
frequently, I'd like to keep the lists in a text file.  From there, I'd
like to run a quick script over the file to format it into a
comma-delimited list and define the alias as the output of that script.
I stabbed in the dark by trying:

alias somelist `getlist.pl`

The alias was defined, but empty when I ran mutt (1.0pre2i).  Anyone
have something similar working?  Is there a feature I'm not exploiting?

TIA.

- Forrest

--
                                                  ||  Forrest Carpenter
 "God was not a top-down structured programmer."  ||  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
     -- Dexter Pratt                              ||  http://spite.com/