On Thu, Sep 02, 1999 at 09:51:27PM +0200, Frederick Page wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> got the latest from www.mutt.org and was trying to compile it, but as
> in pre1, the same error persists:
>
> /usr/src/mutt-1.0pre2-us# /usr/src/mutt-1.0pre2-us/configure
> creating cache ./config.cache
> checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
> checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... yes
> checking for working aclocal... found
> checking for working autoconf... found
> checking for working automake... found
> checking for working autoheader... found
> checking for working makeinfo... missing
> checking host system type... configure: error: can not guess host
> type; you must specify one
> /usr/src/mutt-1.0pre2-us#
>
> I have a standard Pentium 90, Debian Linux 2.1 (slink), the "old"
> mutt-0.95.4 compiled fine at the time, but now also gives the same
> error. Am I doing something wrong here?
>
> Kind regards    Frederick

I may be way-off here, but it looks like a problem with uname...
make sure it's in your path and you can execute it. (output from
it might also be helpful, here... config.guess specifically seems
to run it with -m, -r, -s and -v (at different times).

Hopefully that might be enough to help...

This

--
Russell M. Van Tassell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

 It is a sad commentary on today's society that this fortune has to be
 classified as "offensive" simply because it contains the word "fuck".