I have just spent some time compiling and installing ncurses. After
doing so I went into mutt and got:-

S-Lang Error
Malloc Error
SLcurses_initscr: init failed

As you see my mutt was compiled with Slang.

I then found that most (also uses Slang) gave:-

Unable to create keymaps.

I then realised that the ncurses compile and install had added a
.terminfo directory in my home directory. I renamed this as save.terminfo
and mutt started working again.

Is this a conflict that is a problem? Can I use ncurses without .terminfo
and if so how do I then use stuff that uses Slang?

Has anyone come across this? This is my mutt -v output:-

Mutt 0.95.6i (1999-06-03)
Copyright (C) 1996-8 Michael R. Elkins and others.
Mutt comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `mutt -vv'.
Mutt is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; type `mutt -vv' for details.

System: AIX 3.2 [using slang 10307]
Compile options:
-DOMAIN
-HOMESPOOL  +USE_SETGID  +USE_DOTLOCK  +USE_FCNTL  -USE_FLOCK
-USE_IMAP  -USE_POP  +HAVE_REGCOMP  -USE_GNU_REGEX  +HAVE_COLOR  +HAVE_PGP2
-BUFFY_SIZE
-EXACT_ADDRESS  +ENABLE_NLS
SENDMAIL="/usr/sbin/sendmail"
MAILPATH="/var/spool/mail"
SHAREDIR="/usr/local/share/mutt"
SYSCONFDIR="/usr/local/etc"
ISPELL="/usr/local/bin/ispell"
_PGPPATH="/usr/local/bin/pgp"
_PGPV2PATH="/usr/local/bin/pgp"
To contact the developers, please mail to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.

Cheers, Brian.

--
        Associate Professor Brian Salter-Duke (Brian Duke)
Chemistry, Faculty of Science, IT and Education, Northern Territory University,