Mikko Hänninen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't want to update the N flags, so I press $ to sync the
> folder, then % to avoid writing changes on exit.  After that, when
> I change to another folder, Mutt tells me that I have "New mail in
> =FolderIJustLeft".  This is more of a minor annoyance than a problem.
> And for all I know, it's been "designed to work that way".  However
> I'd prefer if Mutt would check if there *really* is new mail in the
> folder, not just mail that existed there already and which is still
> marked as new.

In maildir folders, mail with the "N" status is placed in the "new"
subdir.  And so are messages that have been newly delivered.  So, Mutt
can't tell the difference between these two types of messages.  So when
it switches away, it notices files in the "new" subdir, and tells you
that there is new mail.

--
David DeSimone   | "The doctrine of human equality reposes on this:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |  that there is no man really clever who has not