hi -

Any help will be appreciated with the following. I am trying to "create
folders" for (most importantly) read mail and (secondarily) to sort incoming
mail. I have read the documentation repeatedly and am stuck.

I am using mutt 3.0.95i, and my .muttrc file is a minimally modified version
of one posted (retrieved within the last 6 weeks) on the mutt.org website by
Jeremy Blosser (thank you)

My Mailbox is /home/london/Mail, and if I create a folder manually (as root)
in that directory, mutt tells me that it is not a mailbox. If i try to create a
folder from within Mutt, by typing "ESC s" while a message is selected, I am
first prompted to decode/save the message to: =friends (from sender header),
when i confirm, i am prompted to create /home/london/Mail/friends, and when
i confirm, i get the message permission denied errno = 13.

I'm not sure what is the correct way to accomplish what I am trying to do.

Thanks for any help,

Peter