Marcelo Magallon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> * Use [EMAIL PROTECTED] with several addresses
>   (mailing lists, friends, ...)
>
> * Use my university's address otherwise

Sounds like what everyone wants to do these days...

> * When replying, use whatever address was used to send me
>   mail... (that is what use_from does)

The use_from variable does NOT do that.  The variable you're looking for
is called reverse_name.

In order for this variable to work properly, though, I believe your
$alternates regexp must match any addresses that could be sent to you.
This way Mutt will know what addresses to recognize and include in the
reverse_name behavior.

--
David DeSimone   | "The doctrine of human equality reposes on this:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |  that there is no man really clever who has not