On Fri, Oct 22, 1999 at 09:51:42 -0400, Jim Simmons wrote:
> I'm getting a scroll bar from rxvt, and after doing a few things there are
> actually lines in the scroll back buffer.  I didn't have this problem with
> 1.0pre4i.

I've just noticed exactly the same thing (with Mutt 1.0 and Slang 1.2.2).
Here's what I've done:

1) Start Mutt in rxvt from fvwm:

    Exec "Mutt" rxvt -n Mutt -T Mutt -e env LANG= xmutt

where xmutt is:

#!/bin/sh
LC_MESSAGES=fr
mesg n
stty susp undef
unset REPLYTO
export LC_MESSAGES
exec mutt $*

(BTW, I should change $* to ${@+"$@"}.)

2) Hit 'c' to change to the next mailbox that has new mail.

3) Hit 'Enter' to read the first unread mail.

--> new lines appear in the scrollback buffer.

This can be reproduced as long as the next mailbox contains enough
messages (messages that aren't displayed in the index?).

--
Vincent Lefèvre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - PhD student in Computer Science
Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> or <http://www.ens-lyon.fr/~vlefevre/> - 100%