On Wed, May 19, 1999 at 06:24:19PM +1100, Brian Salter-Duke wrote:

> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > if you ever get urlview to work *PLEASE* let me know how you did it

> 4. url_handler is url_handler.sh that comes with the release renamed
> and moved to /usr/local/bin. I edited it in two ways. The sed stuff
> to convert $url to $target for ncftp does not work correctly but is
> actually not needed for version 3.0 - beta 18 of ncftp. I just have
> ncftp $url under the 2 ftp cases.

After struggling with url_handler.sh all afternoon, I remembered shell
scripts have to be executable, and that was what I had forgotten.
I finally saw the error message flash by on a different computer
in different light conditions. How do you log the error messages?

Another question I have about .urlview is why the REGEXP does not
have a matching final parenthesis.

REGEXP ((((ht|f)tp)|mailto):(//)?[^ >"\t]*|(www|ftp)\.[-a-z0-9.]+)[^ .,;\t>">]

--
Greg Matheson                           Learn a second language
Chinmin College, Taiwan                 and be born again almost