Not long ago (exactly Sat, 30 Oct 1999) Peter Schuller wrote:

> Hello,
>
> is it possible to have mutt automatically archive sent mail in a folder? I
> sometimes need a copy of old mail I've sent, but nowadays when I'm using
> mutt I always have to come to the sad realization that I don't *have* that
> copy :)
>
> Thanks!

Hi,
you could use:
folder-hook "=lists/mutt" 'push T~r>2w\n\;'

This one _tags_ all messages older than 2 weeks after entering the mutt
folder. The tag-prefix is "pressed" (;), so you could just press s (for
save) and save them to another box.
I am using procmail for incoming mail from the list, so it is easy to
define a save hook (in my case to "=lists/mutt.gz"; with compressed folder
patch -> see http://www.spinnaker.de ) and press "enter".

Unfortunately I havent been able to do complete-automatic-processing, we
had a discussion about "managing folders" a few weeks ago.
Using
folder-hook "=lists/mutt" 'push T~r>2w\n\;s=lists/mutt.gz\n' is not
working correctly.
It is best to save them manually by using the way at the beginning.

Greetings
Dirk

| For PGP-Key send Mail with Subject "Get Key"                 |
| LUGG - Linux User Group Giessen: http://www.lugg.de          |