Martin Baehr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Sat, 13 Nov 1999:
> i tried that, but i was unsuccessfull resetting the my_hdr From for all
> other alternates.

Judging from what you posted, I don't know if that's what you used to
reset the From for your emails, but if you did... I don't think you can
use the ~f qualifier in a send-hook, at least not if you're then setting
the From header with my_hdr From.  That would involve recursive parsing
possibly or something nasty like that.

Rather, I meant, if you remove the admin address from your $alternates
and use group reply, then that address will be a recipient.  You can set
the From based on a recipient easily enough.

I don't know if
  send-hook . unmy_hdr From:
is supposed to work, I remember having some trouble with it as well and
settling to just having a default From: line in the default send-hook.
That has the drawback that you can't use $reverse_name, but if you want
to use that then you could upgrade to the developement version which has
$from.

> i also tried a send_hook to add a my_hdr Cc: also that didn't work :-(
> strangely enough, using my_hdr Xx: does work, and only gets added to the
> correct set of mails:

I don't think you can add a Cc with my_hdr, it seems to be "not
supported".  Ie. it's supposed to work that way.  It would be nice if
there was some way to specify additional recipients as Cc: or Bcc:
in send-hooks (or other hooks too -- eg. "any email replied to in this
folder should also get Cc'd to foo@bar").

Mikko
--
// Mikko Hänninen, aka. Wizzu  //  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  //  http://www.iki.fi/wiz/
// The Corrs list maintainer  //   net.freak  //   DALnet IRC operator /