On 991116, at 19:58:43, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 16, 1999 at 11:51:22AM +0100, Andy Spiegl wrote:
> > > I was using some old version of ncurses then.
> > So, you are saying, it's not mutt's fault at all?
>
> It seemed so to me then.  I tried creating a little program to test
> ncurses and discovered, that color change just after an attribute change
> (e.g. BOLD) was ignored by the library (or something like that; I don't
> quite remember).  I think that was ncurses version 1.9.9 or something.

I asked about this, for the case of mutt in xterm (XFree86) with ncurses
or slang; ncurses ignores bold if the terminfo database says bold is not
available (slang doesn't seem to check the terminfo database).  After
altering the terminfo for xterm to indicate bold is available, it
worked.

--
David Ellement

> On 980411, at 09:42:43, David Ellement wrote:
> > Last one: (this on is probably mutt's problem) mutt compiled with ncurses
> > doesn't show bold characters, while mutt with slang does.  I captured a
>
> When I run the ncurses character attribute test, it doesn't show bold
> characters either.  Is this a terminfo problem, or have I compiled ncurses
> wrong?
no - you can run that xterm either 16-colors, or 8-colors with bold.
(yes, I could change that, but there's not been a lot of demand for
16-colors with bold).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]