George Georgalis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >color1
> >>color2
> >>color2
>
> They display in different colors in vim, but they are all the same in
> the viewer?

For me, they show up in different colors.

You need two things to make this work:

    1.  Some colors defined for multiple quote levels
    2.  A proper quote_regexp that will match repeated quote levels properly

Here's my settings for (1):

    color  quoted     green       black
    color  quoted1    white       black
    color  quoted2    brightred   black
    color  quoted3    magenta     black
    color  quoted4    red         black

And here's my setting for (2):

  set quote_regexp="^([ \t]?[ \t]?[>:|])+"

Mutt will notice and colore more than five levels of quoting; it will
simply re-use the colors again, if I remember rightly.

The quote_regexp format is very important.  It must match *only* the
text at the front of the line, that forms the "quote" section.  If it
ends up matching the entire line, then all quotes will appear at the
same "level."

The reason for this is that Mutt looks at the *length* of the string
that matches the regular expression.  Each time a new length is seen, it
is treated as a new level of quoting.  Note, longer lengths are not
treated as deeper levels, just *different* levels.

Have fun.

--
David DeSimone   | "The doctrine of human equality reposes on this:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |  that there is no man really clever who has not