Chris Green <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Tue, 30 Nov 1999:
> mailboxes `find /home/d/cgreen/Lists -type f -printf '%h/%f '` \
>     ~/Mail/inbox
>
> But it appears not to work, mutt can't find new mail in the files in
> my Lists directory.  However if instead I execute the command on the
> command line and put the result in my .muttrc file as shown below it
> works correctly:-

Try adding a newline at the end of that find, eg. with adding a
;echo "" to the end (or something like that).  I remember seeing some
reports of Mutt not parsing the lines from `` substituations correctly
if there was no trailing newline, though I'm not sure if that was with
some older Mutt versions.  Worth a try.

Incidentally, assuming your $spool is set correctly (to ~/Mail/inbox),
you may replace that last entry with just the '!' char.  Also, you
should note that the order in which the mailboxes are listed does matter
in some cases (eg. when scrolling through mailboxes with new mail with
space after a 'c' command, or using the "unsorted" sort in mailboxes
index), so I'd put that first.

Regards,
Mikko
--
// Mikko Hänninen, aka. Wizzu  //  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  //  http://www.iki.fi/wiz/
// The Corrs list maintainer  //   net.freak  //   DALnet IRC operator /