Greetings, all.

Just recently, I've been messing around with PGP, trying to get
everything set up correctly, and such.  I've had problems trying to
send out encrypted messages with another person's public key.  When
trying to send a message to myself, here is what I get:

<snip>
Pretty Good Privacy(tm) Version 6.5.1
(c) 1999 Network Associates Inc.
Uses the RSAREF(tm) Toolkit, which is copyright RSA Data Security,
Inc.
Export of this software may be restricted by the U.S. government.

Key for user ID: David W. Bettis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
1024-bit DSS key, Key ID 0xBC6219B0, created 1999/11/21
Key can sign.
WARNING:  Because this public key is not certified with a trusted
signature, it is not known with high confidence that this public key
actually belongs to: "David W. Bettis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>".

Are you sure you want to use this public key (y/N)?Ok, skipping userid
David W. Bettis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Encryption error

For a usage summary, type:  pgp -h
For more detailed help, consult the PGP User's Guide.
Press any key to continue...
</snip>

This output is identical to what I would get if I tried to encrypt a
file with my public key normally, and at the prompt "Are you sure you
want to use this public key (y/N)?", I hit a simple <Return> instead
of y or n.  If I do, in fact, respond "y," the file (or STDIN) will be
encrypted, and everything is fine.

I noticed a note or two in the list archives describing a problem such
as this.  I'm rather a newbie at this, so I could be wrong in my
assumption that somehow this "y" isn't getting fed to mutt.  Aside
from that, I have no clue how one would go about doing something like
that.  Is there a "force" option in pgp that I'm unaware of, maybe?

The encrypt command I have in my ~/.muttrc is:

# create a pgp/mime encrypted attachment
set pgp_encrypt_only_command="pgp +verbose=1 +encrypttoself +batchmode -eaft %r < %f"

I'm using PGP v6.5.1.

Many thanks!

DWB

--
/* David W. Bettis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> \ "Life is a little explosion in
 * pgp id: 0xBC6219B0                     /   between two huge silences."