On Tue, Dec 07, 1999, Brendan Cully ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) said:

| > Fetchmail I believe handles IMAP4 mailboxes quite well, why not
| > advocate that fetching IMAP4 mail isn't mutt's job either?
|
| fetchmail doesn't handle IMAP4 mailboxes well. It can download mail
| from your INBOX to your spool. That's it. Is that what you want?

If you want more than that, then it seems to me all the IMAP stuff
that's been added to mutt, should have more properly been directed
to fixing/enhancing fetchmail itself, rather than bloating up mutt
with it.

Or, if that isn't feasible for some reason, then developing a stand-
alone "fetchimap" program would be the way to go.

I do know that I'm getting awfully tired of seeing seemingly endless
IMAP specific code being added to (and thus bloating) mutt.

/kim