[ long lines in quotations wrapped to 72 columns (hint hint) ]

On Fri, Dec 24, 1999 at 10:40:11PM -0600, Bram Shirani wrote:
> Howdy all... I've checked the FAQ pages and a few friends of mine to
> see if they've gotten the following compile error, but to no avail.
> Just wondering if anyone here has had the same trouble, or could point
> me in the right direction to fixing it. Thanks.
>
> I get this error while trying to compile mutt-1.0i on a Slackware 7.0
> machine with glibc2.1, and ncurses installed:
>
> DHAVE_CONFIG_H=1 -I. -I/usr/local/include  -I/usr/include/ncurses -I./intl  -DH
> VE_CONFIG_H=1 -Wall -pedantic -g -O2 -c help.c
> gcc: Internal compiler error: program cpp got fatal signal 11

Have you tried compiling it a couple more times?  Do you always get this
error in the same location?  Are there similar symptoms when compiling
other, especially large, projects?  If the answers to these questions
are yes, no, and yes, you might want to check the GCC-SIG11-FAQ at
http://www.bitwizard.nl/sig11/ (or at `locate GCC-SIG11-FAQ`, which
under Red Hat gives me /usr/doc/FAQ/txt/GCC-SIG11-FAQ).

Merry Christmas!

Marius Gedminas