On Tue, Dec 28, 1999 at 08:49:25AM +0100, Thomas Roessler wrote:
> Probably, it would be the best idea if someone took the time to
> write up a report of the problem, and sent it to Microsoft.

I've been sending a load of test messages to get to the bottom of this.
The sys-admin who's had the trouble says..

    The problem is related to the C2C plugin we use in Outlook, without
    it everything is fine. Re-installing the plug-in and changing a few
    options seems to have cleared the fault.

This is the offending item (from their web-site)

    MaX Compression by C2C Systems
    Automatically compresses and decompresses attachments for Outlook,

    A user will not be aware that they are sending or receiving files in
    a compressed format

This is the best bit, the files are sent as a self-extracting executable
file: :-)

Bruno
--
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]