Shao --

...and then Shao Zhang said...
% David T-G [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
% >
% > I don't get it...  What would this serve?  When you type "me" as your
% > alias, how is mutt supposed to know which one you mean?
%
%       I would like mutt to give me the alias menu when there exists
%       duplicate entries, same effect of pressing TAB.

Ah.  OK; I can see the advantage of that.

%
% > Well, you could find some other way to make the aliases unique, like
% > using a firstname.lastname approach or maybe daniel.isp since the ISP is
% > very likely to be different...
%
%       It is no big deal, I can still live with it. It is just that I
%       think it is better for mutt not to overwrite those duplicate
%       entries.

That's a big re-think of the aliases file, it seems to me.  Not that
someone out there couldn't do it :-)

%
%       In addition, I think mutt should have a better support of
%       address book, such as searching the first name, last name and so
%       on.

Although I'd like that, too, I don't think of the aliases file as an
address book.  It's just an aliases file, and I don't think it was meant
to have all of those address book features -- that almost sounds like a
WinDoze mailer! :-)  My answer is to just pop open another screen console
and run my little 'la' or 'lla' listaliases scripts to grep for text.

%
%
% shao.

:-D
--
David T-G                       * It's easier to fight for one's principles
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED]      * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie

PGP signature