On Fri, Jan 14, 2000 at 03:56:03PM -0600, Ronny Haryanto wrote:
> On 14-Jan-2000, Subba Rao wrote:
> > Can mutt be used to access usenet servers?
>
> AFAIK, not directly. I don't really think it's Mutt's job to _fetch_
> news or mails. I use fetchmail to fetch my mails, and newsfetch to
> fetch my news.
>
> Now, if only Mutt support "Newsgroups:" header, and then post to
> newsgroups using a third-party program (as it use sendmail to deliver
> mails), it would be really cool.

I use something like this, along with newsfetch to do the actual fetching:

folder-hook . 'unmy_hdr Newsgroups'
folder-hook . bind pager L list-reply
folder-hook . bind index L list-reply

folder-hook sci.space.history "my_hdr Newsgroups: sci.space.history"
folder-hook News 'macro pager L <reply>\[EMAIL PROTECTED]\n'
folder-hook News 'macro index L <reply>\[EMAIL PROTECTED]\n'
folder-hook News 'set signature=".news-sig"'

David

--
   David Shaw  |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  WWW http://www.jabberwocky.com/