On Thu, Feb 10, 2000 at 00:41:12 +0200, Mikko Hänninen wrote:
> Hello all Mutt gurus,
>
> Just recently I got a message where the content had apparently been
> split into 5 separate parts (messages).
>
> The headers reveal:

The message/partial MIME type is defined in RFC 2046. Mutt doesn't
support it because nobody yet was written code to do it.

> Looking at the contents, it looks like it's actually a message/multipart
> (ie. an email with an attachment) that is split into 5 parts.
>
> Is there any way to display this message with(in) Mutt?  And to reply?

No. I will suggest that you copy the 5 parts in sequence to a new
mbox folder, and then reassemble the original message in an editor
by deleting the overhead from splitting it in parts:

1) Delete "Subject", "Message-ID", "Encrypted", and "MIME-Version"
   headers, and all headers starting with "Content-" from the
   message enclosing the first part.

2) The body of the first message/partial part contains headers
   too. Delete all except "Subject", "Message-ID", "Encrypted",
   and "MIME-Version" headers, and except headers starting with
   "Content-".

3) Join the headers not deleted in 1) and 2). Now you have the
   real headers of the message.

4) Join all of the bodies by deleting all headers lines and the
   blank lines between headers and bodies from the other parts.

--
Byrial