Chuck Dale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Wed, 01 Mar 2000:
> Yeah I agree it can be useful but most of the time the mailbox is
> unchanged.

For you.  For me, I'd say the most common case for me is I've changed
something in the folder when I change to another.

> So it would be nice to go immediately if the mailbox is
> unchanged but otherwise not pause at all.

Is the one-second pause really that irritating?

BTW, there's no pause if the mailbox is read-only, I think...  So you
could (in theory) make c into a macro of "$%<change-folder>".  But
that's just a work-around, not a fix.

> Of course my shell is checking the folders. I'll turn that off and see
> how I go.

Another thing you could try would be to run configure when building Mutt
with --enable-buffy-size.  But with that option, you'd very likely to
need to use "set save_empty" or Mutt wouldn't report new mail in newly
created folder.

Regards,
Mikko
--
// Mikko Hänninen, aka. Wizzu  //  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  //  http://www.iki.fi/wiz/
// The Corrs list maintainer  //   net.freak  //   DALnet IRC operator /