Hi Marius and others,

many thanks for you trying to help me...sorrily none of the things worked
yet (some of them Iīve tried before).

To give facts, hereīs a description of what certain programs see (sequence
of codes is always home/end/pageup/pagedown):

----------------------------------
infocmp $TERM:
khome=\EOH, kend=\EOF
knp=\E[6~, kpp=\E[5~

----------------------------------
cat > /dev/null:
^[[H
^[[F
^[[5~
^[[6~
----------------------------------
jed:

ESC [ H
ESC [ F
ESC [ 5 ~
ESC [ 6 ~
----------------------------------
emacs -nw:
^[OH
^[OF
^[[5~
^[[6~
----------------------------------
typing :<ESC> in jed an then they key I want to know about (tried CTRL,
shift and things like that instead of ESC, too):

home/end wonīt display anything but stop the input, while
pageup/down just make mutt beep without closing the prompt
----------------------------------

So jed sees different codes for home/end (but they donīt work ;-)

Is \E[5~ the same as \e[5~ and ^[[5~ ???
I changed terminfo to ^[[5~ and so on as Marius suggested. But "infocmp $TERM"
still gives the same codes. Did the change not work or are these things just
different notations for the same codes?

Whatever I try, mutt is the only program having problems. What I told about
jed can be solved, as jed sees a code and tells it to me....

regards,
Jens
--
            Jens Wilhelm Wulf  ***  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
      Interested in comfortable CD-burning under linux/X11?