Sorry if anyone gets this twice.  I sent it yesterday but for some reason it didn't
show up on the list, and a couple msgs I wrote just a few mins ago have already shown
up so I figure it's pretty safe to say this msg got lost somehow.

I'm also taking this opportunity to add another question. :)

----- Forwarded message from Jim Breton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -----

As some of you may remember I just "discovered" Mutt only a few days ago.  Well, those
few days have been awesome, Mutt is unbelievable!

I do have a few questions though.  :)

For one, I'm always wondering if anyone has any patches for matching on something
other than the beginning of a Subject line....  ;-)

Also: is it possible to change header settings without changing folders (where I am
using folder-hooks to change headers)?  Something like a macro.  I haven't tried any
run-time reconfiguration yet, I've been doing everything in my .muttrc with hooks so
far.  But let's say I wanted to send a msg from this address (jamesb-mutt) but I was
in a folder which ran a hook that changed my address to something different.  There
must be some way for me to re-config without changing folders and without editing the
headers by hand?

Lastly, is there an address-book-ish feature where I can type a common-name like "Jim"
and it will expand the address to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"?  Would aliases in my
.muttrc do this?

Sorry for the newbie-ish questions, I can figure it all out but I've had to hammer out
tons of mail over the last few days and have only had time to "get to know" the most
superficial Mutt features so far.

Thanks!

P.S. If I have my spoolfile in /var/spool/mail/$USER but I don't want to have to
browse to it constantly in the folder list, is it safe to make a symlink in my ~/mail/
directory which points to the file in /v/s/m/?

If that's a bad idea I could just have my mail written to my home dir but I'd rather
not do that yet because I have a few other things that depend on the file being in
/v/s/m/ at the moment.

----- End forwarded message -----