Mikko Hänninen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> > I am trying to figure out if there's a way to force qmail to generate
> > the Return-Path header based on the From line, but haven't seen any way
> > to do this so far.
>
> I don't think you can do exactly this.  You need to specify the envelope
> sender *some* way -- either via the environment variables, or the
> The latest developement version of Mutt has support for doing the
> latest too, I think.

I vaguely remember this, but don't remember the details. Can someone
remind me, please?

At present I'm using on this machine exim (with me in trusted_users)
and this sendmail command in muttrc:

set sendmail="/usr/sbin/sendmail -oem -oi -f [EMAIL PROTECTED]"

But I'm also using reverse_name and alternates, so the envelope
address doesn't always match the From address. I think there are some
listservers and the like that annoyingly reply to the envelope address
instead of the From address ...

Edmund