On Sun, Mar 12, 2000 at 09:13:59PM -0500 or thereabouts, John P. Verel wrote:
> I am trying to understand how the status indicator in the folder list
> (if I'm using the term correctly), gets updated to show new mail in a
> folder.
>
> I've got a half dozen folders created by procmail.  My mail_check is
> set to 5.  It often happens that I find new mail within a folder (and
> new since last opened) but no "N" indicator next to the folder...which
> is what I desire.

For what it's worth, I know exactly what you mean. This has happened to
me for as long as I have used mutt. I also have mail_check at 5, with
check_new set, and a bunch of procmail-created folders. And the N for
"new mail" is very intermittent on the listing of folders (for which
I too have forgotten the correct name).

There are one or two folders which never seem to show up as having
new mail in them. They're listed in mailboxes in my .muttrc just like
the rest.

I have no idea why this happens.

Telsa