At  3:57 AM EST on March 15 Daniel Gerber sent off:
> This might just be an old one...

It sure is!

>  I tried to set mutt (1.0.1/1.1.8/1.1.9) up for random signatures but it
>  didn't work. Following the manual I made a '.sigfixed' file in $HOME and a
>  directory '.Sig' with the alternating parts. I had to manually insert the
>  line '#define ENABLE_RANDOM_SIG' in config.h (compile time option
>  --enable-random-sig didn't do anything). Still not working. Do I miss a
>  patch or something like that..?

See http://astro.utoronto.ca/~reid/mutt/ for how to do what you want and more.

Can you tell the list exactly where in the manual you found the bit about
#define ENABLE_RANDOM_SIG?  That feature, if it was ever really there, was
removed years ago and the the manual should have been fixed years ago too.

Thanks.

--
"An eye for an eye leaves everybody blind." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Robert I. Reid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>     http://astro.utoronto.ca/~reid/