Hi,

My turn to have a question. :-)  Since I seem to answer questions about
send-hooks, $reverse_name, my_hdr From: etc., I thought I should try to
finally adapt my own .muttrc files to using "set from=" instead of
"my_hdr From:".

I ran into a problem though.  I simply replaced each "my_hdr From:"
command with the appropriate "set from=" and "set realname=" commands.
But doing this doesn't seem to be equal to using "my_hdr From:" -- the
from address does get changed, but the change does not take effect for
the *current* new email.  So in fact, the address gets changed for the
next email, since the send-hook for that message isn't acting on that
email either.

I noticed this because I have a default send-hook that should set my
address to [EMAIL PROTECTED], however one of my emails sent out had
the address as [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- this is a valid address but
one that I never want to use.

So, should setting $from (and $realname) inside a send-hook actually
change the from address or not for the current email?  If it doesn't,
then it can't be used as a full replacement for "my_hdr From:" (and
then we again get the $reverse_name problem).

I'm using Mutt 1.1.9.

Regards,
Mikko
--
// Mikko Hänninen, aka. Wizzu  //  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  //  http://www.iki.fi/wiz/
// The Corrs list maintainer  //   net.freak  //   DALnet IRC operator /