supio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Mon, 27 Mar 2000:
> But the real problem seems to be myself describing my wishes <bg>.

I dunno, I thought "in the mailbox index" was clear enough...
(As opposed to "message index".)  Even if I admit it could be
interpreted either way.

> So mutt only looks on the timestamp of the mailbox if there are new
> mails and sets the N flag as long as it hasn't synced?

Yes.

With other folder formats it can be a bit different in details, but it's
still essentially the same.

> I have now 24 mailboxes and If there are new mails I often
> only look into what's there and quit mutt to read them later.
> To open each mailbox the next time seeking the new mails is a bit
> annoying... ;)

I do this often too.  I do have Maildir format incoming folders, but
I think it should work with mbox folders too if you just make sure to
do x (discard changes) instead of q to quit...

I also make use of a patch which makes mark_old into a quadoption, so
I get a nice "mark new messages as old?" prompt on folder exit. :-)

Mikko
--
// Mikko Hänninen, aka. Wizzu  //  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  //  http://www.iki.fi/wiz/
// The Corrs list maintainer  //   net.freak  //   DALnet IRC operator /