* Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [000330 13:06]:
> I was thinking of something simpler: mutt spawns a suid program called
> muttpgphelper, say, and gives the passphrase to this program. When
> mutt wants to invoke gnupg it sends a request down a pipe to
> muttpgphelper which then invokes gnupg and gives the passphrase to
> gnupg down another pipe.
>
> pgp_timeout could be implemented by muttpgphelper calling alarm() ...

Might be simpler, but is it better? With a daemon you first of all have multi
user support, and there's no need for setuid bits. Just to name a few
benefits.

Terje
--
Tuj uh yaau fudj å buiu qdthu fuhieduhi ahofjuhju cubtydwuh.
Uh yaau tujju qbj tuj rulyiuj tk jhudwuh veh å yddiu qj cqd cå rhkau

PGP signature