On Mon, Apr 03, 2000 at 14:51:45 -0400, Michael Tatge wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 02, 2000 at 10:35:29PM -0700, Neelakanth Nadgir wrote:
> > When ever I send email to anybody in the gnu.org domain, I want my
> > "From" address to be [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > I have the following set up in my muttrc file
> > mutt complains "set: unknown variable"
> >
> > =============
> > send-hook '(~C gnu|~t gnu)'  "set signature=~/.sig.gnu \
> >           set [EMAIL PROTECTED] \
> >         my_hdr Reply-To: Neelakanth Nadgir <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>"
> > ==========

You get the message "set: unknown variable" because you may set
several variables in one set command, so mutt thinks that you are
trying to set a variable named set. Try this:

send-hook '~C gnu' "set signature=~/.sig.gnu \
                        [EMAIL PROTECTED] ;\
                    my_hdr Reply-To: Neelakanth Nadgir <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>"

> The manual says:
> Usage: send-hook [!]pattern command
>                             ^^^^^^^
> IMHO this means you have to divide this send-hook into three
> separate ones.

It would be technically more correct if the manual said:

  Usage: send-hook [!]pattern command-line

where command-line is as defined in section 3.1:

  3.1.  Syntax of Initialization Files

  An initialization file consists of a series of `commands''.  Each
  line of the file may contain one or more commands.  When multiple
  commands are used, they must be separated by a semicolon (;).

       set realname='Mutt user' ; ignore x-

This means that you may have several commands in hook a command;
they just have to be separated with semicolons.

--
Byrial