Version:      1.0.1i
Menu:         Compose
Command(s):   f  and  c

When I have used the f command (to add an Fcc: value) or
the c command (to add a Cc: value) and when I use Cnt-C
to cancel before adding the Fcc: or Cc: value, mutt aborts
and returns to the unix shell prompt, but the session is
thereupon frozen and no longer responds to anything done
on the keyboard.

Ouput of "uname -a":

   SunOS socrates 5.6 Generic_105181-19 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-Enterprise

Output of "mutt -v":

   Mutt 1.0.1i (2000-01-18)
   Copyright (C) 1996-2000 Michael R. Elkins and others.
   System: SunOS 5.6
   Compile options:
   -DOMAIN
   -HOMESPOOL  -USE_SETGID  +USE_DOTLOCK  +USE_FCNTL  -USE_FLOCK
   -USE_IMAP  -USE_POP  +HAVE_REGCOMP  -USE_GNU_REGEX  +HAVE_COLOR
   +HAVE_PGP2  -BUFFY_SIZE
   -EXACT_ADDRESS  +ENABLE_NLS
   SENDMAIL="/usr/lib/sendmail"
   MAILPATH="/var/mail"
   SHAREDIR="/usr/local/mutt-1.0.1/lib/mutt"
   SYSCONFDIR="/usr/local/mutt-1.0.1/etc"
   ISPELL="/usr/local/bin/ispell"
   _PGPPATH="/usr/local/bin/pgp"
   _PGPV2PATH="/usr/local/bin/pgp"

I am not really a mutt user.  Our system socrates.berkeley.edu is
a multi-user multi-purpose system for use by UC Berkeley students,
faculty and staff.  A user requested we install mutt, so I did so
the other day.  While playing around with it in near total ignorance,
I found it really easy to completely freeze my login session by
using ^C to cancel out of adding an Fcc: or a Cc: value using the
f or c commands while composing a message.  I know now the FAQ suggests
using ^G, but ^C was the obvious choice to me as a unix person.  I
could imagine alot of people might get screwed up this way.

I didn't find any mention of this issue in Sven's list, but I may
have overlooked something.  Thanks in advance for any help you
may have for me.   --dk

David Kalins
Systems Administrator
Central Computing Services