I recently installed Courier IMAP and while getting things sorted out
had the following message from Sam Varshavchik.

----- Forwarded message from Sam Varshavchik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -----

On Wed, 26 Apr 2000, Chris Green wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 26, 2000 at 12:21:48PM -0400, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> > On Wed, 26 Apr 2000, Chris Green wrote:
> >
> > > I do still have a problem in that the remote mutt client doesn't seem
> > > able to create new maildir mailboxes using Courier IMAP. I get an
> > > error which says "imap_copy_messages [a0017 NO Error in IMAP command
> > > received by server.].", I have also got a0013 and a0015.  My mutt MUA
> >
> > Try telling the remote mutt client to create a folder named
> > "INBOX.foldername".
> >
> Yes, that works, thanks!  Mutt actually prompts me with "{x-1.net}/"
> so I have to delete the "/" but still, it does at least work now.

This is a mutt bug.  Mutt assumes that / is the folder hierarchy
separator, which is silly.  Folder separator hierarchy characters are
defined by the server, and Mutt should query the server, instead of making
a blanket assumption.

--
Sam

----- End forwarded message -----

I thought the mutt IMAP developers might be interested.

--
Chris Green ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
  Home: [EMAIL PROTECTED]           Work: [EMAIL PROTECTED]