[I've got Mutt 1.0i and PGP 6.5.1i running under RedHat 6.0]

cannot encrypt outgoing messages (don't know whether I can decrypt or not
yet, because, erm, I haven't been able to send a test message yet ... :-).

When I choose to encrypt a message, it asks me for the key ID of the
recipient - it never accepts anything that I type (surely it should find it
in the keyring??).  If I hit TAB to browse the possible keys, it gives me a
selection of five seemingly random keys from my keyring (none of them are in
any way related to the recipient email address as far as I can tell).

I can sign outgoing messages no problem.  If I send a signed message to
myself, I can verify it.

My PGP options from ~/.muttrc are:

#----------------------------------------------------------
## The following options are only valid if you have
## compiled in PGP support

unset pgp_autosign
unset pgp_autoencrypt
set pgp_encryptself
unset pgp_long_ids
set pgp_replyencrypt
set pgp_replysign
set pgp_sign_as="0x694DE370"
# set pgp_sign_micalg="pgp-sha1"
set pgp_strict_enc
set pgp_timeout=300
set pgp_verify_sig=yes

# set pgp_v2=""
# set pgp_v2_language="en"
# set pgp_v2_pubring=""
# set pgp_v2_secring=""

set pgp_v6="/usr/bin/pgp"
# set pgp_v5_language=""
set pgp_v6_pubring="~/.pgp/pubring.pkr"
set pgp_v6_secring="~/.pgp/secring.skr"

# set pgp_gpg=""
set pgp_default_version="pgp6" # (Not really the default, but...)

# Here, "default" means the value of $pgp_default_version:

set pgp_receive_version="default"
set pgp_key_version="default"
set pgp_send_version="default"

What's up with all that then??