Hardy Merrill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Mon, 01 May 2000:
> I haven't been able to find how to "expunge" deleted messages from
> mutt - the only way I've been able to do that is to delete the
> message(s) and then exit out of mutt, and then come back in.  Sorry
> for these basic questions - still learning.

Well, if you want to delete them immediately, you can use the
synchronize-folder function -- by default bound to $.  Alternatively,
when you change folder, the messages marked deleted will also be
deleted.

This all depends on the $delete setting.  If you set it to "no", I
don't think there's any way to really delete the messages. :-)

Hope this helps,
Mikko
--
// Mikko Hänninen, aka. Wizzu  //  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  //  http://www.iki.fi/wiz/
// The Corrs list maintainer  //   net.freak  //   DALnet IRC operator /