On Wed, May 10, 2000 at 11:15:12PM +0100, Thomas Ribbrock wrote:
:
:I found reformatting in vi (vim, to be precise) is very easy when you simply
:mark all lines to be reformatted (visual mode) and then press 'gq'. Voilą -
:nicely formatted paragraph with lines in ideal length.

Unfortunately, it doesn't handle quoted text at all.  I like the utility
'par', because it does so.  So I can transform the above quote to this:

:I found reformatting in vi (vim, to be precise) is very easy when you
:simply mark all lines to be reformatted (visual mode) and then press
:'gq'. Voilą - nicely formatted paragraph with lines in ideal length.

by just piping the lines to an external filter, 'par -gqr 72'.  :)

--
Eugene Lee
[EMAIL PROTECTED]