Thomas Roessler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'd suggest you use the DESTDIR mechanism.  That is, you
> ./configure mutt with the directories you want on the
> target system.  Then, when it comes to installing things,
> you type:
>
>       make DESTDIR=/what/ever/path/you/want install
>
> (At least, that's the mechanism Debian uses, and I'm sure
> Marco would have complained if DESTDIR doesn't work
> smoothly from the distributed makefiles.)

thanks. i did not realize that the archives posted
a solution for this (redhat rawhide).

i apologize in cuadruple: for sending the original message
twice (one apparently went through despite not being
subscribed in the list, or per courtesy of the owner),
in the second for sending my follow up without a subject
(i am running fast on low gas, i guess), third for the several
typos and finally for not looking far enough back in the archives.

thanks,

++ carlos