On Thu, May 18, 2000 at 12:38:31PM +0530 or thereabouts, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> Martti Rahkila proclaimed on mutt-users that:
>
> >http://www.iki.fi/martti.rahkila/mutt/profiles.html
>
> You could send your .muttrc to dotfiles.org if you think it is special, so
> that other users can adapt it to their needs.

That would be cool.

> >Maybe it's even worth adding to the Mutt link page or FAQ
> >once its ready?
>
> I dunno,  The mutt faq and manual documents this pretty ok, afaik :)
> Pretty good one though.

I think it's worth linking. The problem with the manual is that it's
so very massive and organised in a particular fashion. It's a fantastic
reference once you have an idea of what's going on. It's not great if
you are new and simply want to know "How do I (set up profiles|get
PGP/GnuPG working|organise folders)?": ie, one particular little task
which involves some stuff from section 4 about patterns, and a whole
bunch of variables which are scattered through section 6 in alphabetical
rather than "things which are often tweaked together" order.

I'm not complaining about the manual, btw: I think it's great, and I
don't think you can combine both a reference and a list of such tasks
easily into one document. I do think, however, that as well as all
the muttrcs linked off www.mutt.org where we all try to explain
every variable we use, some things like this which explain one particular
task would be great.

I wanted to write mine that way, but I was too lazy. :)

Telsa