On Sun, May 21, 2000 at 07:44:58PM +0100, Manuel Arriaga wrote:
-> Hi everyone,
->
-> I am trying to send /receive emails from the console, so I went for (and
-> installed) mutt 1.2 and postfix.
->
-> I believe I configured postfix correctly, but now I haven't got *a clue*
-> on how to use mutt. And I did try to read the provided manual and the
-> man page for mutt, but they don't seem to cover the basics... can anyone
-> point me to some sort of tutorial which will teach me the very basics of
-> mutt? How can I, for example send an email? Is there any special
-> configuration necessary before doing so? I pressed "m" and then typed an
-> address, then a subject line, and then got an "message aborted" error
-> message... I thought that was due to the fact that I hadn't defined an
-> editor, so I declared (at the bash prompt)
->
-> VISUAL=emacs
-> EDITOR=emacs

One suggestion: Leave a copy of emacs running at all times, and use
"EDITOR=emacsclient" instead. It brings up your editor much faster. That is
how RMS and other emacs gurus do it.

Also, I would change it to "export EDITOR=emacsclient" so that daughter
processes -- like mutt -- will see the variables.

->
-> but mutt still aborted after inputing the message's subject line. Any
-> tips?
->
-> Or should I try a simpler email client? Is the latest version of elm any
-> easier to use?
->
-> Thank you for your attention.
->
-> Best regards,
->
-> Manuel

--

                -- C^2

No windows were crashed in the making of this email.

Looking for fine software and/or web pages?
http://w3.trib.com/~ccurley